Monday, March 26, 2012

Lazy Sunday

 We got some stuff done yesterday.  Cora tried a neat way to color eggs.  I'm hoping she'll share her progress on her blog.  It was pretty cool, though.

We came home and Chloe took a nap.  When she got up, it was time to start the grill.  She would not come outside unless she could wear her PJs...so Mom put some boots on her and out she came to spend some time with dad.  I gave her some milk and an orange to snack on and I drank something cold while we waited for the coals to heat up.

Of course, I had my camera handy and I'm glad I did!  She wanted to try on my sunglasses and I got a good shot of the two of us...her with orange still on her face.  I tried to change the pictures up and make them seem older than they are.  I think they work pretty good.
 I am particularly happy with the way the sky played out here.  Of course, I don't have to comment on how cute the kid is...
Well, a new week begins.  Should be busy.  I have a few things to deal with at work that will be...new.  I'll be observing another teacher for awhile tomorrow.  For that I'll have a sub for an hour...crap.  I have enough trouble teaching by myself, now I have to write plans for someone else?  And did I mention subs suck?  I've had two and they stank!

I thought I was an average sub, but honestly, these people must come from the nether regions of the education community.  They made a mess of my board, left a half-empty coffee cup on my desk, and basically let the kids do whatever.

Well, I have to go get ready for the day.  My birthday is at the end of it, surely it can't be a bad week.

2 comments:

SpunkyBookworm said...

Happy Birthday early!

jade said...

Dear Jim,

I'm really sorry, but I can't think of anything original to comment: your daughter is still as cute as ever and the pictures are just great! So there, I said it again.

Kind regards and happy birthday for the end of the week...

Jade