Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two in Five Hours

I got some requests to take the word verification on my blog off.  It has been a few years since I last got that snotty kind of automated advertisement comment, so I thought, "why not?"  Within eight hours I got an anonymous advertisement comment asking me to visit their site.  Then less than five hours later I got another, this time telling me just how entirely awesome the new electronic cigarette is and how I should buy one.  Given my previous experience and the speed with which my blog was attacked, I am afraid I am putting the word verification back on.  I'm sorry, but I don't like the automated comments coming through like they do.  It's really sad that you cannot have a nice thing without having to defend it in some way.  The weird thing is some people don't have that problem.  I wish I knew the secret.

I have to go to my happy place...
Ahhh, that's better.

I had another split shift.  On the up-side, tomorrow is a day I can come home at a regular time.  We still have a half-day of classes.  There are more student led conferences, though.  Speaking of which, OMG!  A couple of them were horrible.  The rest were pretty good.  I guess, given my duty as a responsible human being and educator, I cannot elaborate.  I'd love to, but, ah, hell...I gotta.  One of the kids looked like he was trying to arrange himself so he could sit comfortably on a very sharp stick.  He looked like he was physically in pain.

Alas, there are many things I see each day that I should not share.  Let's just say, "Kids are funny."

No comments: