Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Florida Has Been Holding Out On US!!

When I entered to win "A Lemon" from Alyson and Ford at "Imagine, It's Easy If You Try."  I THOUGHT it would be a lemon that we in the Northwest are familiar with, that is less than 2 inches in diameter.  I entered since Chloe likes to eat lemons at the restaurants we sometimes go to, and I thought it would be fun.  I never imagined the MONSTER that would show up in the mail!

I thought, "Eh, we might have a chance."  I soon forgot when the drawing would be and was off visiting a friend when Cora text-messaged me.  Then I was confused by Cora's text message that said I had "Won the Lemon."  I was wracking my brain all the way home.  Then Cora enlightened me.  I thought "Cool!"

Today, after a long day warping shaping young minds, I got home only to find that our dog door had bitten the dust.  Gypsy has steadily been widening in the beam and I think that combined with the extreme velocities they go through that door at, basically weakened it until it finally just broke away from the door in several small pieces.  Leaving a sizable hole for our lovely Washington weather to creep in.

So, I went in to the local hardware store and purchased another.  This is Dog Door #3.  I even measured it.  I brought it home and noted that it seemed slightly smaller than the old one.  I decided to try to smoosh Gypsy through it first...she could get her head and shoulders through it, but not her legs.  CRAP!  I packaged everything up, including Chloe and headed back to the store, explaining to Cora that the size was right but the dog was not.  I went to the store and returned the small one and then discovered the next size up was $20.00 more!  Holy CRAP!  That FAT DOG is getting expensive!

On the way home the second time I realized I had forgotten to stop for the mail today and so stopped.  I left a million dollars in the car (I saw a commercial saying "You wouldn't leave a million dollars in your car, don't leave your children."  I hate that commercial and I WOULD leave a million dollars in my car since the empty water bottles and other garbage would camouflage it quite nicely!).

I got to the box and there was a key, which meant there was something big that wouldn't fit our box!  So I unlocked the large parcel box and discovered a little bit of happiness!  By the weight of it, I thought for sure they had packed it with rocks.  When I got it home and Cora and Chloe and I unwrapped it we were delighted to find not one tiny lemon, but TWO HUGE (as in 5X7 inch monsters!) PONDEROSA LEMONS!!  Did I mention they were HUMONGOUS!!!? Ginormous!  GIANT!  GIGANTIC!  GRANDE!








 

2 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

Glad you liked them.... and we had room for one orange off our tree too. Yes, heavy. We could feed a small country with citrus fruit off our trees but alas, the shipping costs are so high - better to donate money!! So now you know what a Ponderosa lemon is! Enjoy!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Anonymous said...

Love this series of shots... especially the fourth one... won't you come share on 'Weekly Top Shot?' We're on Week #16 and I'd love to see you share with me and my readers! Here's this weeks' link: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=6115