Friday, April 4, 2014

Actually Did Something

I'd hoped to finish the bathroom, but due to problems beyond my control...namely the fact that it turns out I don't like inside when the weather's nice...I haven't.  Yes, it's been over a year.  Yes, I feel like a failure.  Yes, it would be nice to have another bathroom again.  Especially since my daughter is getting older.  No, I don't plan on running out and finishing it in the next two days.  Basically, I blame Chloe.  I had planned to work on the bathroom last year during Spring Break, but her coinectomy took me away.

No, today saw bigger fish begin.

It's Cora's fault.

She's the one with a vision.  I'm happy to sit in a chair and read a book.  She suggested, just the other day, that we take the side yard and put in pavers instead of grass which is reluctant to grow.

It sounded like a good idea at the time.

So, Tuesday I took the rototiller and rototilled the area in question.  So, today and yesterday a little,  I tried smoothing and leveling said area.  Then Cora said, let's get gravel.  Fine.  I ordered a load of gravel.  Then went to town and got some soil for the raised gardens.  Then I came home and worked outside again.  The gravel came and Chloe and I went to town again and got a couple of pavers to see which we liked.

I made quite a bit of headway...now to repeat the process again tomorrow and the next day and the next until it is done.

Chloe helped a lot.  She drove stakes into the ground...in places i didn't even know needed stakes!
 

No comments: